Data backup is the single most important thing that should be done on a regular basis. There are many ways you can unintentionally lose data on a computer. A child playing the keyboard like a piano, a power surge, lightning, floods, and sometimes equipment just fails.
- Bank records and other financial information
- Digital photographs
- Software you purchased and downloaded from the Internet
- Music you purchased and downloaded from the Internet
- Personal projects
- Your e-mail address book
- Your Microsoft Outlook calendar
- Your Internet Explorer bookmarks
Use the built-in Backup utility in Windows. If you're using Windows , you can use the built-in Backup utility to help you make copies of files, settings, or everything on your computer. You can even use the utility to back up certain files on a schedule that you specify.
You can automate the process as welll.